UP PRODUCTIONS LTD PRIVACY AND COOKIES STATEMENT
Welcome to AVA’s Privacy and Cookies Statement! You might be viewing this through our website (which we’ll collectively call our “Platform” for short).
We care about being transparent with you about what information we collect when you choose our events and how we use that information. It’s important to us that we give you as much choice and control over your information as we can.
We want this data policy to be as clear, simple and fully transparent as possible. Your rights regarding your personal data are set out in the section “Your Rights” below.
Any questions concerning personal data should be addressed to the Privacy Manager by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (ATTN: Conor McTernan) or by post to AVA Festival, 15-21 Gordon Street, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT1 2LG.
Here, we explain the ways we collect and use your information when you browse or engage with our Platform, purchase tickets to the festivals and events that we organise (the “Events”), purchase or engage with other goods or services that we offer or otherwise interact with us. We also explain the different rights you have over your information.
UP Productions LTD, trading as AVA, (“Us”, “We”, “Our”) is the data controller of your Information for the purposes of all applicable data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “Regulation”).
We respect your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal data as more specifically defined in the Regulation (“Information”). We comply with the principles of the Regulation and aim to maintain consistently high levels of best practice in our processing of your personal data.
The Platform may contain hyperlinks to services owned and operated by third parties. These third party services may have their own privacy policies and we recommend that you review them. They will govern the use of personal information that you submit or which is collected by cookies and other tracking technologies whilst using these services. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party services and your use of these is at your own risk.
If we change our Policy and/or procedures, we will post those changes on our Platform to keep you aware of what personal data we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we may disclose it. We encourage you to review this Policy regularly.
- Please refer to the Event’s Terms and Conditions to check the Event’s age policy. If the Events you are attending or are interested in allow people under the age of 18 to attend (with an accompanying adult) and you yourself are under 18, you must have the permission of your parent or legal guardian (“Your Adult”) to use our Platform and only Your Adult will be able to purchase tickets for the Event. You should also make sure that Your Adult reads this Privacy and Cookies Statement.
- If you are a parent or legal guardian and believe your child has given us information in a way that is contrary to these guidelines, please contact us using our contact details below.
- We are UP Productions Ltd, trading as AVA, a company incorporated in Northern Ireland. Our company number is NI624668. Our registered address is 13 Laurel Wood, Belfast, BT87RA
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU DIRECTLY
If you register for one of our newsletters or request any advance information about our Events or services (such as access to pre-registration or early bird tickets), we will collect your name and contact details.
If you make a purchase with our Ticket Partners (Resident Advisor, Festicket, Dice) or our online merchant provider (BigCartel) whether for an Event ticket, Event package or any other goods and/or services, we’ll collect any information necessary to provide you with your purchase.
Our ticket partners will typically ask for your name, age, email address, account password, date of birth, and payment details so we can process your Event ticket purchase, deliver your ticket and/or your cashless payment wristband to you. We may also request Your Adult’s details (if applicable) or other emergency contact information;
- we’ll collect information about any particular requirements you may have in order to gain access to an Event: this may mean providing us with information about your physical health or similarly sensitive information;
- if there are circumstances where we need to verify your age for entry to an Event or for fraud prevention and detection, we will ask for proof of identity and age (such as a driver’s licence or passport); and
- Our Ticket Partners may (if applicable), collect additional information specifically relevant to the goods and/or services that you are purchasing. For example: if you buy a ticket and hotel package, you might be asked for your credit card details for the room.
Promotions and Surveys
Every now and again, we might invite you to participate in competitions, promotions or surveys. We’ll collect information so you can participate in these and deliver the prize if you win: this will include details such as your name, age and email address and any other information you provide in connection with your promotion entry and/or survey response.
Health and Welfare
If you ever need to visit one of the health and welfare tents or facilities at one of our Events, you might need to give certain health or medical information which may be considered sensitive information. Sometimes, these services will be managed by a third party at the Event and not us, in which case we won’t have control or visibility of the information you give and this Privacy and Cookies Statement won’t apply.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU INDIRECTLY
If you contact us through one of our online forms, or our social media channels, by phone or email, we may keep a copy or record of that correspondence.
IP address and device information
We will collect certain technical information about your device visits to our Platform and how you use the Platform. This may include your IP address, geographical location, device details such as your IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface), browser type, referral source, length of visit, operating system, number of page views and similar information. This information may be collected by a third-party analytics service provider on our behalf and/or may be collected using cookies. For more details about cookies please see the specific section below.
Email Response Information
We might collect information about how you react to the emails we send to you, for example, how many times you open the email or if you engage with its content (for instance, by clicking on any links within it).
Social Media and Information you post online and reviews
We might collect information relating to any social media posts or comments you share online about our Events that are in the public domain (for instance, if you leave a review about our Event on a third-party social media site like Facebook). If you leave a comment or review on one of our social media official pages (such as through our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts), we may use this information to respond to your posts. We are not in control of these third-party platforms and you should refer to their privacy notices if you want to know more about how they use the information you share online.
We may collect technical information about your use of our and our partner’s Platforms and Online Services through the use of tracking technologies and analytics. Personal data we may collect includes the following:
- your Device ID;
- your user ID
- your device operating system & version;
- your device make and model;
- purchase transaction types and spending you have made;
- the country of your Device ID;
- the time, date and install source of your first download of an App (e.g. from a clicked advertisement);
- advertisements viewed and clicked; and
- identification of crashes and defects.
We may use third-party analytics providers to assist with analytics.
Information used for the purposes of serving advertisements (“Advertising Data”)
We may gather information about you when you use our and our partners’ Platforms and Online Services, depending on the permissions you’ve granted. This may include:
- the make, model and operating system of your device;
- properties of your device, such as screen size and orientation, audio volume and battery;
- the mobile network operator linked to your device;
- the Apps downloaded;
- the country, time zone and locale settings on your device (i.e. country and preferred language);
- network connection type and speed;
- IP Address;
- internet browser used to access the Online Services; and
- the advertiser ID, which is an identifier unique to you if you use an Apple or Android device, but which doesn’t reveal your name.
INFORMATION WE GET FROM THIRD PARTIES
Ticket agents and service providers
We will collect information about you from third parties that we work closely with so we are able to deliver the goods or services you have requested. For example, we might work with a ticket agent who will sell you a ticket to our Event. In those circumstances, they might give us your details so we can provide you with access to the Events you bought tickets for, or other ancillary services. We might also use third-party companies to manage our payment systems or Platform, they may collect information directly from you on our behalf.
Signing in through Social Media
When you register for an Event on our Platform, or through our Ticket Partners, we might offer a quick registration option through your existing social media accounts. If you sign in through your social media account, we may get certain information (such as your profile name if register through your Facebook account) in accordance with your privacy settings on that social media site. You should read the privacy statements and check the privacy settings of those social media sites to learn how they treat your information.
Other third-party sites
We might receive information about you from other third parties where you have agreed to them sharing your information with us for specific purposes (such as marketing).
HOW WE USE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may use your information for the following purposes:
Service and Operational Purposes
- to provide you with your Event ticket or any other goods, services and information that you have requested from us;
- to manage your entry to our Events, including age and identification verification;
- to provide you with customer service and support, deal with enquiries or update you on changes to our Events, our Platform or other services;
- we might contact you by phone to offer assistance if you have entered your contact details on our Platform to purchase our Events but have not completed your purchase;
- to improve and update our Platform and to make sure that content from our Platform is presented to you in the most effective and optimal manner (please view the specific Cookies section for more information);
- to carry out aggregated and anonymised research about general engagement with our Events, Platform and other goods and services; and
- to allow us to monitor access to, and attendance at, our Events for health, safety and security purposes.
If you have purchased a ticket in the previous 24 months, due to our existing relationship with you we will consider you to have a legitimate interest in specific event updates relevant to your event preferences. You may opt out of this at any time. In line with the GDPR legislation, if you have not explicitly consented to receive general AVA updates you will not be sent these emails. You may unsubscribe from any mailing list at any time.
- We may use your information to enable us to enforce our legal rights, and/or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees and/or other third parties.
WHO WE MIGHT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
We might share your personal information with:
- selected third parties that we work with, so we are able put on the Events you love and choose to attend. For example, when you register to attend an Event we host, we might need to share your information with third-party sub-contractors or service providers that help us to put on our Events (such as venue or security staff);
- any other third party that you have indicated you are happy for us to share your information with for marketing purposes;
- advertisers and advertising networks so they can serve relevant adverts to you. This information will only be used in anonymised or aggregated form. For example, we might provide information that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on a particular advertisement on any given day;
- prospective sellers or buyers of any business or assets if, we need to disclose information about people who attend our Events or use our products or services;
- any other third parties where it’s necessary to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees or third parties, or where such disclosure is required by law.
- A temporary cookie is used to keep track of your “session”. Without that temporary cookie (which is not stored after you quit your browser) you would have to login every time you access a new page.
- A persistent cookie is stored on your device. They help us provide you with user preferences, settings and information for future visits to our Platform. Persistent cookies allow convenient and easy access to familiar variables such as facilitating preferences such as favourites, bookmarks or language preferences. They can also be used to assess browsing behaviour.
Different types of cookies do different things, such as:
- Absolutely necessary cookies are necessary to enable you to navigate through our Platform and use its features. Without these cookies, you would not be able to check out any Event tickets in your basket.
- Performance cookies collect information about how you use our Platforms. These cookies collect the Internet browsers and operating systems used, the domain name of the website previously visited, the number of visits, the average duration of visits, and pages viewed. These cookies don’t collect information that personally identifies you and only collect aggregated and anonymous information. Performance cookies are used to improve the user-friendliness of a website and enhance your user experience.
- Functionality cookies enable our Platform to remember choices you make (such as your username or ID, language preference, or the area or region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. They can even remember changes you have made to text size, fonts, and other customizable parts of web pages. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for, such as watching a video or commenting on it. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised, and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting and advertising cookies track browsing habits and are used to deliver targeted (interest-based) advertising. They can also limit the number of times you see an ad and to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They are usually placed on our Platform by third-party advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations, such as advertisers.
- You can manage website cookies in your browser settings, and you always have the choice to change these settings by accepting, rejecting, or deleting cookies. If you choose to change your settings, you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended on the Services. All browser settings are slightly different, so to manage cookies, you should refer to the relevant ‘help’ settings within your browser.
- We understand that you may want to know more about cookies. Here are some useful resources that provide detailed information about types of cookies, how they are used, and how you can manage your cookie preference: http://www.aboutcookies.org.
- Please note that, if you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to access all of the functions of the Platform and your experience may be less satisfying without using cookies.
The names of the cookies used by the Platform and the purposes for which these cookies are used are set out in the table below:
THIRD-PARTY CONTENT, SITES AND CONTRIBUTORS
HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW LONG WE KEEP IT FOR
We use appropriate technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access or unlawful use. However, transmission of information over the internet can be insecure, which means we are unable to completely guarantee the security of information sent over the internet. Appropriate measures have been taken to deliver the strictest possible security is applied to your data when stored on the cloud. All data processors have had their privacy policies stringently reviewed to ensure they comply with the GDPR standards.
We’ll keep your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us, to market to you (if applicable), to enforce or defend our legal rights, or in accordance with any legal obligations to which we might be subject. We will remove your data from our systems after 26 months of buying a ticket through a Ticket Partner, but will store it indefinitely if you have signed up to receive updates. Google Analytics will store your anonymised data for 26 months. Facebook will store your anonymised data indefinitely.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
We might transfer your information to a country which is outside the European Economic Area (EEA). If we do, we’ll ensure that your information is protected in accordance with our obligations under applicable data protection laws including, if appropriate, putting in place any necessary contractual arrangements with any recipients of your information outside the EEA.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES OVER THE INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
You have the following rights over the way we process personal data relating to you, as set out below. We aim to comply without undue delay, and within one month at the latest.
To make a request, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com.
ASK FOR A COPY OF DATA WE ARE PROCESSING ABOUT YOU AND HAVE INACCURACIES CORRECTED
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will use reasonable efforts to the extent required by law to supply, correct or delete personal information held about you on our files (and with any third parties to whom it has been disclosed to).
OBJECT TO US PROCESSING DATA ABOUT YOU
You can ask us to restrict, stop processing, or to delete your personal data if:
- you consented to our processing the personal data, and have withdrawn that consent;
- we no longer need to process that personal data for the reason it was collected;
- we are processing that personal data because it is in the public interest or it is in order to pursue a legitimate interest of UP Productions LTD or a third party, you don’t agree with that processing, and there is no overriding legitimate interest for us to continue processing it;
- the personal data was unlawfully processed;
- you need the personal data to be deleted in order to comply with legal obligations;
- the personal data is processed in relation to the offer of a service to a child.
OBTAIN A MACHINE READABLE COPY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA, WHICH YOU CAN USE WITH ANOTHER SERVICE PROVIDER
If we are processing data in order to perform our obligations to you, or because you consented, if that processing is carried out by automated means, we will help you to move, copy or transfer your personal data to other IT systems.
If you request, we will supply you with the relevant personal data in CSV format. Where it is technically feasible, you can ask us to send this information directly to another IT system provider if you prefer
MAKE A COMPLAINT TO A SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
If you are unhappy with the way we are processing your personal data, please let us know by contacting us.
If you do not agree with the way we have processed your data or responded to your concerns, an alternative is to submit a complaint to a Data Protection Supervisory Authority.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or would like to contact us about this Privacy and Cookies Statement, please do so at the following:
Address: 15-21 Gordon Street, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT1 2LG (Attn: Conor McTernan)
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY AND COOKIES STATEMENT
We may make changes to this Privacy and Cookies Statement from time to time. We will post any changes to our Platform, or notify you of any material changes by email. Any changes will come into effect the next time you engage with us after the changes have been notified.
Last Modified: 30.6.23