Work at AVA
MID-WEIGHT DESIGNER – PART-TIME (3 days per week)
UP Productions, AVA & IMMERSE
About the Company:
UP Productions is an experiential design company specialising in large-scale live event curation, production design, festival & conference creation. The core goal of the company is to instigate innovation, collaborate with artistic talent and develop culture through creative arts, music, design and discussion.
The past eight years have seen AVA grow from a one-day, 1,500 capacity showcase to today’s four-day, 12,000+ attendees, multi-venue celebration of Audio-Visual Arts; in Belfast and London with the capital’s leading music and visual arts conference, alongside satellite events in Mumbai, Amsterdam, Dublin, Glasgow and an online audience of over 20 million globally.
AVA earned the title of ‘The most innovative Electronic Music Festival’ by the Irish Times, a ‘Cultural Catalyst’ by the Independent and ‘Europe’s Smartest Young Festival’ by RA.
UP has worked with leading international artists, brands, industry leaders and cultural institutions, including SXSW, ADE, Soundcloud, Abbey Road Recording Studios, Boiler Room, Red Bull Music, Broadwick Live, Hennessy, Patreon and many more.
About the Role:
We are seeking a talented designer to work across our Festival, our Conference & a number of new incoming projects, across Belfast, London & further afield. Working closely with the Marketing Manager, you will support all launches and ongoing asset production.
What we are looking for:
As our Designer, you will be a talented self-starter, who thrives working in a fast-paced environment, within a small team.
You will be a midweight level designer, with 3-4+ years of experience either in-house or freelance, who is confident and dynamic. You should have a strong personal style but can demonstrate adaptability across different brands. It’s important you have a strong portfolio and client history.
You will have an eye for detail, strong typographic skills, a clear understanding of branding and visual communication, and experience working with video and animation. You will become a key part of the marketing & content team.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing our brands and developing their visual identities
- Creation of promotional materials, including posters, social media assets and motion graphics
- Website management & CMS development
- On-site graphics at our events (signage, maps, branding materials)
- Merchandise design
- Working with external freelancers
- Managing our content archive
You will require:
- 4 years minimum of designer experience with a strong client history
- Strong Typographic skills
- Digital + print experience essential
- Video + Animation experience required
- Strong personal style but can demonstrate adaptability across different brands
- Agile to work across multiple creative projects
- Software Skills – Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Final Cut/Premiere Pro
- Motion Skills – After Effects, Cinema 4D preferred
- Basic understanding of HTML & CSS
- Knowledge of Keynote & Google Slides
- Knowledge of image licensing
- A deep understanding of the creative industry and our scene
- Strong attention to detail, focus and consistency
- We believe in building from the ground up.
- We believe in going the extra mile. Detail & Design are core to our work.
- We treat our work as an art form.
- We value teamwork and operate as a team.
- We are independent, and we support independence.
- We believe in thinking beyond boundaries.
Application Deadline: 12pm on Friday 15th July
Please apply by completing our application form here.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief or material status.