Work at AVA Belfast
AVA BAR STAFF
Role: Bars Team Member
Reports to: Bar Supervisor and Bars Manager
Bars are an essential part of the Festival experience, they are the social areas where audiences and performers gather, adding to the energetic buzz of the site. As a bar team member, you will be on the frontline, serving drinks and making our customers day. This role is vital. We expect hard graft and an ability to work in a team with new people, creating a great working environment conducive to an amazing experience. This role requires you to be flexible and mature. Your focus will be on making drinks, dealing with stock, keeping the bar and venue clean, working with other departments and being friendly to customers.
We require all our staff to be over 18 (due to Licensing restrictions), have a UK bank account, speak fluent English and have the necessary visa requirements to work in the UK.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Cash handling and use of contactless payment machines
- Serving drinks
- General cleaning of the bar during opening hours and after closing
- Setting up the bars
- Clearing and swapping out bins
- To comply with and ensure others comply with Health and Safety and other policies
- Attending team meetings, training sessions as appropriate
- To deal with customer complaints quickly, confidently, effectively and appropriately and escalating to management where necessary
- Customer service in a bar or restaurant
- Personal License is of benefit
- Cash Handling experience
- Electronic Point of Sales system experience
- Experience in table service and ordering systems
- Knowledge of alcoholic drinks and their perfect serves
- Working with the public
- Staying focused in a busy, fast and high-pressure environment
- Positive, approachable and friendly
You will be required to have a flexible approach to the changing situation regarding COVID-19 Guidance from the government. Regular testing through lateral flow tests will be required and you will need to ensure the Covid SOP’s and policy is being actively followed on site. Worker and customer/visitor safety remain our first priority.
Vacancy: Operations Director, Full Time
Location: Remote (Belfast or London)
AVA & Up Productions are looking for a commercially minded, process driven, operations professional to help us deliver against our ambitious plans for the future.
The Operations Director will be a pivotal role at the heart of the business. They will oversee all operational aspects of our company strategy, help set strategic goals and be responsible for the Company KPI’s and flow of information to the Founder.
Working across our portfolio of products, from our festival in Belfast, to the pioneering R&D project we’re taking to market in 2022, this exciting new hire will be responsible for all delivery and operations across the business.
AVA VOLUNTEER PROGRAMME
AVA Belfast returns across 2 days at the end of September with a new outdoor multi-stage festival site located at Boucher Road Fields. The Festival will showcase the best that electronic music and Irish visual art has to offer, inviting pioneers of the scene to play alongside new breakthrough talent to the legendary AVA crowd. The remodelled site will offer an intimate and immersive festival experience with bespoke lighting and visual stage installations and the return of the iconic Belfast Boiler Room. We are seeking volunteers to work a number of onsite roles in the lead up to and during the September festival.
We will provide you with:
The AVA Experience
One Meal per shift (Breakfast and/or Lunch and/or Dinner)
An AVA Volunteer T-Shirt
4 x Drinks Vouchers