AVA Emerging Talent Programmes 2020
What is the Emerging Talent Programme?
This is AVA’s talent identification programme which aims to shine a light on emerging artists across the UK & Ireland. Applications open Tuesday 31st March, where you can make a submission for one of the three chosen categories; DJ, Producer and Visual Artist. The selection process to identify finalists per category is judged by a panel of DJs, Producers and Visual Artists for the appropriate category. The winner of each will receive prizes specific to their category.
The Emerging Producer competition will be judged by AVA, Bicep, and Timmy Stewart, giving the opportunity for a producer who has not yet made a release to feature on an EP with Extended Play, support from Native Instruments with their Komplete Ultimate software package and artist development support from T-BONE + JMX.
The Emerging DJ competition will give the opportunity for an up and coming DJ to showcase their skills in a 30 minute mini mix, with 3 finalists performing in a live final in Belfast (due to Covid-19 this date will be released in June). The winner will get a slot at an upcoming AVA event + 12 month subscription to SoundCloud Pro + a Pioneer DDJ-400.
The Emerging Visual Artist competition will be awarded to an artist showing significant potential and creativity in either photography, moving image or audio-visual arts. The Prize is for emerging artists of all ages and career paths. The competition aims to help find and build the careers of emerging talent and get their work viewed by a wider audience. There will be a shortlist made in each category with one overall Visual Artist winner. The highest ranked Photography entry will be selected to do an AVA Festival Photo Diary that will be showcased by a selected publication, along with inclusion of their work in Belfast Photo Festival. The shortlisted moving image and audio-visual entries will be showcased at upcoming Immerse AVA at All Together Now Festival, Waterford.
Terms & Conditions
By submitting you accept the following terms and conditions:
- All copyrights remain the property of the submitting artist.
- Shortlisted Visual Artists agrees to supply all photographs/prints/videos selected for exhibition as requested (digital only)
- Insurance of all entries remains the sole responsibility of the submitting artist.
- Artists shortlisted and selected may be included within relevant promotional material for the Festival.
- Winners will be announced on the AVA Festival website and contacted by email.
- The decision of the Judges will be final.
- If shortlisted, finalists are responsible for organising travel to live final and winners responsible for travel to the event.