Be part of AVA
MID-WEIGHT DESIGNER – PART-TIME (3 days per week)
AVA & UP! Productions
About the Company:
UP Productions is an experiential design company specialising in production design, large-scale festivals, conferences & event curation. The core goal of the company is to instigate innovation, collaborate with artistic talent and develop culture through creative arts, music, design and discussion.
The past ten years have seen AVA grow from a one-day, 1,500 capacity showcase to today’s four-day, 12,000+ attendees, multi-venue celebration of Audio-Visual Arts, in Belfast and the leading music and digital arts conference in London.
AVA has earned the title of ‘The most innovative Electronic Music Festival’ by the Irish Times, a ‘Cultural Catalyst’ by the Independent and ‘Europe’s Smartest Young Festival’ by RA.
UP! has worked with leading international artists, brands, industry leaders and cultural institutions, including SXSW, ADE, Soundcloud, Abbey Road Recording Studios, Boiler Room, Red Bull Music, Broadwick Live, Hennessy, Patreon and many more.
About the Role:
We are seeking a talented designer to work across our core products; AVA Festival Belfast the AVA London Conference, and AVA Presents standalone events alongside ad-hoc work for our sister agency, UP! Productions. Working closely with the Senior Marketing Manager, you will support all launches and ongoing asset production.
Your main responsibility will be owning the AVA brand look and feel – including how it shows up across the web, videos, flyers, merchandise, social artwork and partner channels.
What we are looking for:
As our Graphic Designer, you will be a talented self-starter, who thrives working in a fast-paced environment, working within a small team.
You will be a midweight level designer, with 3-4+ years of experience in-house or freelance, who is confident and dynamic. You should have a strong personal style but can demonstrate adaptability across different brands. It’s important you have a strong portfolio and client history.
You will have an eye for detail, strong typographic skills, strong video editing skills, a clear understanding of branding and visual communication. You will become a key part of the marketing & content team. Experience working with 3D animation would be a big bonus.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing our brands and developing their visual identities
- Creation of promotional materials, including posters, social media assets and motion graphics
- Website management & CMS development (WordPress)
- On-site graphics at our events (signage, maps, branding materials)
- Merchandise design
- Working with external freelancers
- Managing our content archive
You will require:
- 4 years minimum of designer experience with a strong client history
- Strong typographic skills
- Digital + print experience is essential
- Video + animation experience is required
- Strong personal style but can demonstrate adaptability across different brands
- Agile to work across multiple creative projects
- Software Skills – Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Final Cut/Premiere Pro
- Motion Skills – After Effects, Cinema 4D preferred
- Experience using Keynote, Google Slides & Figma for Deck & website building
- Basic understanding of HTML & CSS
- Understanding of Image licencing
- A deep understanding of the creative industry, electronic music and our scene
- Strong attention to detail, focus and consistency
- We believe in building from the ground up.
- We believe in going the extra mile. Detail & Design are core to our work.
- We treat our work as an art form.
- We value teamwork and operate as a team.
- We are independent, and we support independence.
- We believe in thinking beyond boundaries.
Application Deadline: midnight on Sunday 27th August
Please fill out this form and then submit a Cover Letter, your CV along with your application task via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief or material status.